Friday, March 1, 2013

C4K Summary for February

C4K #1

My first C4K Assignment was on Mikaila. She is in 3rd Grade. Her post was titled, "Things about my Animal". At the top of the page was a picture of the duck she had drawn named Wadder. This is her favorite stuffed animal and she wants to take it with her to travel the world. She wants to take him to "the tallest building in Boston" and to the Eiffel Tower in Paris. She also wants to take him to see the Statue of Liberty as well. She says that Wadder likes warm and sunny places and likes to do things with his many friends and his brother.

My comment to Mikaila's post was:

Hi Mikaila! My name is Jamie Barbour and I am an elementary education major at the University of South Alabama. I am in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class and like you I am working on a blog for school too. I think your art work of Wadder is very creative. You are a talented little artist. Is this a stuffed animal that travels with you on your journeys or family vacations? I think it is a great idea to have a travel buddy. I used to take my stuffed frog with me everywhere I would go. I enjoyed reading about your duck and I look forward to reading more of your blog posts. Keep up the good work and keep your creativity flowing! Thanks again for sharing your story.

I also left her my name, email address, and blog URL.

C4K #2

My second C4K Assignment was on James, a 3rd Grade student in Ms. McKellar's class at Robbins Elementary School, in Prichard, Alabama. James' post was titled, "What I like to do by James." He is 10 years old and he is in Ms. Mckeller's 3rd Grade class. He says they have lots of fun. James says that sometimes she gives them a chance to go to football games. He really likes football a lot. James wants to go see Drew Brees play or watch a Redskin football game. He also enjoys music by Two Chainz and Lil Wayne.

My response to James' post was:

Hi James! My name is Jamie Barbour and I am in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. I am also learning how to blog this year. Is this your first time to ever blog? I think blogging is a great way to tell people about yourself and what you are learning in school. I enjoyed 3rd Grade a lot. My favorite teacher from elementary school was my 3rd Grade teacher, Mrs. Naylor. I think it is pretty cool that she gives you a chance to go to football games. I see you like Drew Brees. He is a great player! Do you want to be a quarter back as well? I bet you would probably be a great one. You did a great job on your blog post. I really enjoyed reading about you. You are a very well-spoken young man. Keep up the good work!

I thanked him and left my name, email address, and blog URL but I did not get a response back.

C4K #3

My third assignment was on Kaitlynne. She lives in Aukland, New Zealand and goes to Pt England School. Kaitlynne is in Miss Lavakula's 5th Grade class, Room 13. Her blog was titled, "I am Kaitlynne". She said her name and said that this was her "very own blog".

My response to her post was:

Hi Kaitlynne! My name is Jamie Barbour and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am learning to be a teacher. I also have a class blog, you can find it here. If you look to the left of your screen at your google map, you can see me viewing your blog as the red dot in the lower right section of the United States. I am visiting your blog from Mobile, Alabama. I see you are in year 5 of school. What are you learning this year in school? Are you having fun writing your class blog? I hope to be reading more about you on your blog in the future. Keep up the good work and have a great year 5.

I thanked her and left my name and email address but I did receive a response back.

C4K #4

My last C4K Assignment was on Faith. She is a 1st Grade student in Mrs. Vannoy's class. She wrote a blog post about her best friend Harper, who I think may be moving to a new school. She does not want her to go because she’s her BFF. Too Sweet! She also had a picture of her and Harper posted on her page.

My response to her blog was:

My name is Jamie Barbour and I am a college student at the University of South Alabama. I am a student just like you and I am also learning to blog. I see you are in the first grade; I loved my first grade teacher. Are you having a good year? Are you learning lots of fun and exciting new things? What is your favorite subject? I think you are a really sweet girl and I hope your best friend Harper does not move either. I hope you have a great first grade year! Keep up the good work on your blog. I look forward to learning more about you through your blog post.

I thanked her and left her my name, email address, and blog URL.

No comments:

Post a Comment